Darts is a popular sports game and an interesting hobby for many people around the world. At the same time, to organize the game for playing in any suitable place, you should remember only a few important points. Despite the fact that the dartboard targets are of different types to create the conditions for the game, first of all, you need to make sure that you have enough space for it, protect the walls and floors, and also accurately chart and several times recheck the point for reliable attachment of the target and location of the throw line.
Let’s see what are the rules for placing the dart board, what should be its height and distance to the thrower.
However, those of you who travel extensively, especially in the UK, could see that there are different Dart Boards, at different heights and with different distances to the throw line. In such cases, “internal rules” always apply.
Rules for placing darts
- The dart board must be hung so that its center is exactly 5 feet 8 inches from the floor to the center of the bull’s eye.
- On the right, the board holder should be exactly in the center of the target from the wrong side. Compliance with this rule will make it easy to make measurements/markings and hang a board without difficulty.
- If the target holder is on top, then you have to measure the distance from the center of the bullseye to the holder and add this distance to the height of the marking.
- If a wall protection is planned around the dart board, then it should be taken into account that it would be located around the target evenly.
- The marking of the throw line (oche) should be about 3 feet wide. It can be made from tape, a sticker, or a bolted wooden bar or metal bar.
- The far side of the throw/stop line should be exactly 7 feet 9 and 1/4 inches from the target surface of the target.
- To determine the plane of the front side of the target relative to the floor, someone draws a line of a plumb line from the lower front of the target to the floor. If you do not have a plumb line, then you can use a piece of cord of the necessary length with a pencil or a dart tied to it.
- Make sure that the throw line is parallel to the target and aligned with its center. This can be checked by measuring the distance from the center of the target (bullseye) to each of the corners of the throw line (oche).
- Proper lighting of the dartboard is very important. It is important that the player was able to see where the dart hit without leaving the line of the throw. Ideal for lighting from two light sources installed on the ceiling to the left and right of the target.