Foosball is a small copy of the long-known game. In order to fully understand the rules of table football, it is worth paying attention to the necessary inventory.
In order to play a similar match, you will need a special table equipped with rods with attached to them figures of football players. The bars are equipped with handles, moving which you can control the movements of players and score a miniature ball into the gates, which are on opposite edges of the table.
The goal of the game is to move the control knobs to hit the opponent’s gate, which is always on the right side. There are no unified rules for playing the kicker, in the sense that they are different in different countries and even in cities, and sometimes in different clubs in the same city.
Check this: Best foosball game tables
Below are 13 main & simple rules of foosball, which you need to follow in the process of this fascinating game:
- Before the start of the game, teams are tossed by tossing a coin. The winning team draws the right to choose a hand for the game or first serve.
- The ball can be entered into the game only by means of a hole (“throw-in“) located between the lines of midfield.
- The ball can be kicked in only after both players have declared their readiness to commit to the battle.
- A goal may be scored only if the ball has touched at least two player figures.
- At impact, it is forbidden to “scroll” the control handle more than 360 degrees both before and after directly touching the ball. For such an action is assigned a foul. A player who has 2 fouls gets a free kick. If the ball is scored with a violation, the goal will not be counted.
- Each player can use the handle of his choice if it can be replaced. The handle must be compatible in design with the table and should not harm the table and the players.
- The ball, which is in the possession of the players of the 2nd line, cannot be immediately transferred to the players of the 3rd line after the submission. First, the ball must touch at least two players of the 2nd line and be in motion at the time of transfer.
- “Dead Zone” – the situation when the ball stops its movement and the figures of none of the players cannot touch it. If such a situation arises on the midfield line, the ball is thrown in as if the first entry was made by the team that started the game last. If this happens on any other part of the field, it is transferred to the defending side and the game is entered from the goalkeeper’s line after confirming the readiness of both sides.
- It is forbidden to block the control rods on which the figures are placed, act directly on the table (shaky, raise, tilt, etc.) For an unintentional violation, a foul is awarded, for a deliberate one – a goal.
- Any team has the right to take a thirty-second timeout or swap players, if this is a doubles match, before entering the ball game, including after the goal.
- If the ball falls outside the field, it is entered into the game through the midfield line by the team that entered it last.
- At the end of each game, teams can change sides of the table before the next game begins. If teams change places once, they must change places after each game until the end of the match.
- In any paired competitions, each player can play only those football players that are intended for this position (either the goalkeeper and the 1st line, or the 2nd and 3rd lines). After the introduction of the ball into the game, players cannot change positions until the game is stopped: either the ball is scored, or a timeout is declared, or the ball will leave the field or the ball will be in the dead zone.
And in the end, be honest and polite, and then everyone will get the most pleasure from any game.